About the Anthology.
Title: Coppice & Brake.
Release Date: March 21, 2020.
ISBN: 978-1-952388-00-2 (print)
Genre: Horror, Dark Fantasy.
A night guard brings an offering to the eternal denizens of a notorious prison.
In a young girl’s room, the shiny people keep watch in the night.
A proud father beams as his son takes the stage for the performance of a lifetime.
The stories in this anthology are the glimpses of the dark places between the forest and a dream. They are the shadows seeking the last notes of a dying violin. They invite the reader into a world where a condemned man faces his fate over and over and over again. Coppice & Brake is an anthology of dark fiction, featuring tales from the borderlands of horror, speculative fiction, and the nightmare fears that linger even after you turn on the lights.
Buy Today At Amazon.
Table of Contents
- “Dog’s Blood Trail” ~ Gabrielle Bleu
- “Raff and the Scissor-Finger” ~ R.K. Duncan
- “Terracotta Daughter” ~ JZ Ting
- “The Homeless Special” ~ Andrew Jensen
- “The Play Date” ~ James Van Pelt
- “Cold Dread and Hot Slices” ~ Spencer Koelle
- “Catch of the Day” ~ Karter Mycroft
- “Trumpet Voluntary” ~ Edmund Schluessel
- “The Red Shoes” ~ Holly Lyn Walrath
- “The Rat Room” ~ Rebecca Dale
- “Keys Without Locks” ~ C. Patrick Neagle
- “White-Tail Lies” ~ Friedrich Sarah E. Thompson
- “The Anomaly” ~ David J. Thirteen
- “In the Forests of the Night” ~ Joanna Michal Hoyt
- “A Woman Unbecoming” ~ CM Harris
- “Like a Cat” ~ Brian K. Lowe
- “The Yogurt Swimmer” ~ Richard Leis
- “Tones of Memories” ~ Julie Novakova
- “Ghost Story” ~ Jeff Dosser
- “Shiny People” ~ Elizabeth Donald
- “Eccentric on the Grandest of Scales” ~ Voss Foster
- “All the Dead Girls, Singing” ~ Avra Margariti
- “Swing a Dead Cat” ~ Shannon Scott
About Crone Girls Press
Crone Girls Press originally began as a Facebook Group for fans of speculative fiction, hosted by speculative fiction author and writing coach Rachel A. Brune. As the idea took hold to publish an anthology of horror fiction in honor of her favorite fall holiday, Rachel began soliciting stories of dread, despair, and doom, all of which made for some uplifting reading. Upon receiving some truly terrifying–and excellent–material, she went for broke and start working on an anthology series that would feature work by established and debut authors… from the darker side of speculative fiction. Follow us on Twitter, or visit on the web at: https://www.cronegirlspress.com.